Dalemain (as listed by the Northern Screen Commission) offers the film-maker a wide variety of versatile locations.
Interior and exterior locations are available, including:
- The Mediaeval Hall
- The gravelled driveway to the front of the Mansion
- The Cobbled, mediaeval courtyard to the rear
- A huge, 16th century Great Barn
- Farm buildings and farm land
- Old agricultural equipment and props
- Moorland, rivers, becks, streams, waterfalls, fords, bridges…
- Private metalled and unmetalled roads
- A castle and several churches.
- Dalemain also offers ample parking for production, technical crew, make-up and wardrobe vehicles and location caterers’ vans.
Dalemain’s locations have featured in…
- Songs of Praise (BBC)
- The Monocled Mutineer (BBC Television)
- Home from Home (BBC)
- Jane Eyre (London Weekend Television)
- Sir Harry Secombe ‘Music is my Life’ (Border Television)
- Gardeners’ World (BBC)
- The Great Antiques Hunt (BBC)
- Going Going Gone (Lomond Television)
- Hollyoaks (Mersey Television)
- The Lakes (Lakes Productions)
- Where the Heart Is (Anglia Television)
- Going for a Song (BBC)
- The Holiday Programme (BBC)
- Advertisement for Tesco Supermarkets
- David Dimbleby’s ‘A Picture of Britain’ (BBC)
- Dalemain’s Magical Gardens (NHK)
- The Hairy Bikers (BBC)
Mrs Jane Hasell McCosh, who lives at Dalemain says “The gardens are fantastic for filming, with roses and meconopsis in the spring and summer, and an abundance of colour in the autumn from late flowering perennials, annuals and autumn leaves. It changes every week, but there is always an atmosphere of relaxing calm that makes a visit to Dalemain an absolute pleasure.”
Further information contact the Dalemain Estate Office on 017684 86450.